Our Mission

Ride With Clyde - Battling Cancer With Bennet Epperson

This is actually set up with the sole purpose of raising funds in various ways to help support Baby Ben, Jenny, Dave, and their families and friends during Ben's fight with cancer.

This blog seemed the best way for me to put all of my various efforts together in one place so that I could share them with others.

I will also try to update the blog with Bennet's condition and other news of his care and treatment as I hear it.

Feel free to post comments and make suggestions for other ways to raise money or generally help out. You can also get in touch with me at ridewithclyde2010@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance to everyone for their support. F*ck Cancer!

-Ben's Uncle Jake

Thursday, July 1, 2010

With A New Month Comes New Hope

Ladies and Gentlemen, today is the day Baby Bennet begins to fight back.  Today is the day chemo starts and we begin to destroy his tumor and his cancer.  Today is the day we begin the path back to that healthy, happy, little man that we know.  It isn't going to be an easy path.  We can't pretend that Ben isn't sick and that the chemo is going to be easy.  But we can come together, as we have over the past week, in our continued support of Bennet, Jenny, and Dave.  They need us today.  They need all our good thoughts.  And though I do not consider myself a religious man, to those of you that prayer, I ask you do so for Benny today.  Together we will all get through this, and we will be stronger people on the other side.

I want to leave you with a little bit of information that Collin gave me last night.  If Bennet does well with this chemo, he, Jenny, and Dave will get to go home during the 3 weeks off chemo.  There will be checkups at home, but they will be home in their own space as a family.  So lets all hope the little man does well and that they get 3 weeks off at home before they have to go back to Doernbecher for round two of cancer destroying.

F*ck cancer, I ride with Clyde!

-Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment