Our Mission

Ride With Clyde - Battling Cancer With Bennet Epperson

This is actually set up with the sole purpose of raising funds in various ways to help support Baby Ben, Jenny, Dave, and their families and friends during Ben's fight with cancer.

This blog seemed the best way for me to put all of my various efforts together in one place so that I could share them with others.

I will also try to update the blog with Bennet's condition and other news of his care and treatment as I hear it.

Feel free to post comments and make suggestions for other ways to raise money or generally help out. You can also get in touch with me at ridewithclyde2010@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance to everyone for their support. F*ck Cancer!

-Ben's Uncle Jake

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pictures and Quick Update

This is Benny's friend Macy, showing her support for our little trooper.  She is the daughter of Jenny and Dave's friend Brenda McDonald.  Thanks for sending the pictures Brenda!

So, I don't have a lot to update you all with at this point.  Bennet is crawling, which is a good sign as it tells us that the chemo is still working and the tumor is still shrinking.  Other than that, Ben should be starting his next round of chemo tomorrow assuming his blood counts are still where they should be.  Last I heard, if the counts are down they will do a transfusion instead of chemo.  But, we'll all keep good thoughts and another round of chemo will hopefully go off without a hitch.  I think this round is just going to be one day, so Ben will be at RVMC for a few hours and then will get to go home. 

That's it from me right now.  Sorry for the lack of updates lately.  I've been really busy at work and dealing with some family issues of my own.  I'll let you all know how Bennet does tomorrow when I hear from Beth.

As always, f*ck cancer, I ride with Clyde!

-Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment