Our Mission

Ride With Clyde - Battling Cancer With Bennet Epperson

This is actually set up with the sole purpose of raising funds in various ways to help support Baby Ben, Jenny, Dave, and their families and friends during Ben's fight with cancer.

This blog seemed the best way for me to put all of my various efforts together in one place so that I could share them with others.

I will also try to update the blog with Bennet's condition and other news of his care and treatment as I hear it.

Feel free to post comments and make suggestions for other ways to raise money or generally help out. You can also get in touch with me at ridewithclyde2010@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance to everyone for their support. F*ck Cancer!

-Ben's Uncle Jake

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A New Way to Donate

Hi all.  Like the title says, there's a new way you can donate to Ride With Clyde and help Bennet, Jenny, and Dave with costs that stem from his treatment that are not covered by insurance.  I'll give you a quick rundown as it seems a little bit complicated.

So, US Bank have some thing they call an Internal Donation Site.  Because Ride With Clyde's bank account is set up as a donation account/fund it is included on this Internal Donation Site.  What does this mean right?  What it means is that if you don't want to donate via PayPal because you're wary of putting your information on the internet or you don't want to send a check, you can still donate.  All you have to do is walk into any US Bank branch in the United States and follow these steps:

1.  Walk up to an available teller.  From what I was told you're probably going to need them to call a supervisor because most tellers don't know that the Internal Donation Site exists, so you might want to tell them to go ahead and grab a supervisor.

2.  Tell them that you'd like to make a donation to an account/fund on the Internal Donation Site.

3.  I believe they will then ask you some questions and the information you'll need is as follows:
     A.  The account was opened or established in California.
     B.  The account was opened or established in June of 2010.
     C.  The keyword for the account is Ride.
     D.  The contact for the account is me, Jacob Levi.

4.  I think that's it.  You can then make a donation in the bank either with cash or a check and possibly even by transferring money if you yourself have a US Bank account.

If you have any problems you can ask the branch you're at to contact the Half Moon Bay, CA branch.  Or if they can't figure it out, shoot me an email at ridewithclyde2010@hotmail.com letting me know what the problem is and I'll see if I can get you an answer.

Also, remember you can donate two other ways.  You can click on the donate button on the left of the blog to donate online via PayPal.  Or you can send a check made payable to Ride With Clyde to 1116 Hamilton Lane, Burlingame, CA 94010.

Something I haven't mentioned before but probably should have is that donating to Ride With Clyde is not tax deductible.  This is due to the fact that the IRS would not grant me tax exempt status because right now Ride With Clyde is only benefiting a single family in Bennet, Jenny, and Dave.  Sorry if this screws any of you up, I should've posted it before.

As always, f*ck cancer, I ride with Clyde!

-Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment