Our Mission

Ride With Clyde - Battling Cancer With Bennet Epperson

This is actually set up with the sole purpose of raising funds in various ways to help support Baby Ben, Jenny, Dave, and their families and friends during Ben's fight with cancer.

This blog seemed the best way for me to put all of my various efforts together in one place so that I could share them with others.

I will also try to update the blog with Bennet's condition and other news of his care and treatment as I hear it.

Feel free to post comments and make suggestions for other ways to raise money or generally help out. You can also get in touch with me at ridewithclyde2010@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance to everyone for their support. F*ck Cancer!

-Ben's Uncle Jake

Friday, July 2, 2010

Destroying Cancer, Day 2

Hi all.  Sorry for the late update.  I just talked to Beth and she said Bennet did well with his chemo again today.  She did say he slept a bit more today, which could be a side effect of his treatments.  Beth also said that apparently when a tumor is shrinking, it releases electrolytes into the body.  He was tested for electrolytes today and already has an abundance of them in his system!  So the good news is that the tumor is already shrinking.  The bad news is that these extra electrolytes can be hard on his little body.  They apparently affect his heart and liver, so they had to start Benny on some drugs to counter those things.  Tomorrow will be the last chemo treatment of this round.  Hopefully, on Sunday they'll be able to move down the street to the Ronald McDonald house for a few days away from the hospital.  Jenny also had to learn how to give Bennet a shot today that help keeps his white blood cell count high.  She has to do this everyday, and as I'm sure we can all imagine, it isn't going to be the easiest thing for her to do.  I'm sure she'll be able to do it for that little man though.

That's it from me tonight.  Its been a long week and I'm going to bed.  I'll be back sometime tomorrow with another update.

F*ck cancer, I ride with Clyde!

-Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment