Our Mission

Ride With Clyde - Battling Cancer With Bennet Epperson

This is actually set up with the sole purpose of raising funds in various ways to help support Baby Ben, Jenny, Dave, and their families and friends during Ben's fight with cancer.

This blog seemed the best way for me to put all of my various efforts together in one place so that I could share them with others.

I will also try to update the blog with Bennet's condition and other news of his care and treatment as I hear it.

Feel free to post comments and make suggestions for other ways to raise money or generally help out. You can also get in touch with me at ridewithclyde2010@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance to everyone for their support. F*ck Cancer!

-Ben's Uncle Jake

Thursday, July 1, 2010

More Good News

Well the lab results of Bennet's scans that we were waiting for finally came back today.  The neuroblastoma is stage 3 and there is no cancer in the bones or bone marrow!  Benny started chemo today and from what Beth told me he was laughing and giggling all day today.  Right now it looks like he'll have another one of the tests where they put radioactive dye in him to see what the tumor is doing on the 8th.  If that looks good and he's doing well with the chemo, they should get to go home for a week before heading back up to Portland for the second round of chemo.  That's all the baby Ben news for the day.  Keep up the good thoughts and prayers, the fight has just begun.

That's it for now.

F*ck cancer, I ride with Clyde!

-Jake

1 comment:

  1. I will keep praying for Baby Ben and family.
    may they find comfort in knowing they have a whole community thinking of them and praying for them.

    ReplyDelete