Our Mission

Ride With Clyde - Battling Cancer With Bennet Epperson

This is actually set up with the sole purpose of raising funds in various ways to help support Baby Ben, Jenny, Dave, and their families and friends during Ben's fight with cancer.

This blog seemed the best way for me to put all of my various efforts together in one place so that I could share them with others.

I will also try to update the blog with Bennet's condition and other news of his care and treatment as I hear it.

Feel free to post comments and make suggestions for other ways to raise money or generally help out. You can also get in touch with me at ridewithclyde2010@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance to everyone for their support. F*ck Cancer!

-Ben's Uncle Jake

Thursday, July 15, 2010

No Transfusion, Woohoo!

Just like the title says, Bennet did not have to have the blood transfusion that was planned for today.  They did some blood work to check his counts again and his red blood cell count is back up on its own and no transfusion was needed today.  This is good news in that it again looks like Benny will be able to do the next round of chemo at RVMC and he, Jenny, and Dave will not need to make the trip to Portland for it.  They may still have to go back up to Portland for an appointment and the third round of chemo, but from what Collin told me they should be able to do at least this next round at home.  Obviously, the good thoughts and prayers continue to work.  So keep them up and I'll let you know when there's more news.

F*ck cancer, I ride with Clyde!

-Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment