Our Mission

Ride With Clyde - Battling Cancer With Bennet Epperson

This is actually set up with the sole purpose of raising funds in various ways to help support Baby Ben, Jenny, Dave, and their families and friends during Ben's fight with cancer.

This blog seemed the best way for me to put all of my various efforts together in one place so that I could share them with others.

I will also try to update the blog with Bennet's condition and other news of his care and treatment as I hear it.

Feel free to post comments and make suggestions for other ways to raise money or generally help out. You can also get in touch with me at ridewithclyde2010@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance to everyone for their support. F*ck Cancer!

-Ben's Uncle Jake

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tomorrow and an idea I forgot

I wanted to let everyone know that tomorrow is kind of a down day. I don't mean down in the emotional sense. What I mean is that there is nothing major planned as far as Ben and his treatment are concerned. Obviously, this could change. But for the most part tomorrow will be a hang out and wait kind of a day as we wait for the results of the bone marrow scan, which aren't due until Wednesday I believe. If I hear of something during the day, I'll let you all know when I get home from work, but as of right now, don't expect anything major.

Now my idea. This is for those of you that have ordered shirts to show your support for Baby Ben, Jenny, and Dave. I think it would be fun if they could actually see that support. What does that mean, right? Well, I think it would be cool if when you all get the shirts you ordered, wear them. But when you do, have someone take a picture of you and send it to me at ridewithclyde2010@hotmail.com. I will then post the pictures here on the blog and somewhere on facebook where people can see them. Not only is it a fun way for Jenny, Dave, and the family to see your support while they're up at Doernbecher's, but seeing you wearing your shirts may also inspire someone else to buy one.

If you missed Delilah's shout out to Bennet, Jenny, and Dave tonight on the Delilah Show, our awesome friend Matt Eriksen should be sending me an mp3 of it at some point tomorrow and I will make sure to post it here.

Until tomorrow, f*ck cancer, I ride with Clyde!

-Uncle Jake

1 comment:

  1. I love that idea! I couldn't get it up here in Portland..:( I would love to hear it.

    ReplyDelete