Our Mission

Ride With Clyde - Battling Cancer With Bennet Epperson

This is actually set up with the sole purpose of raising funds in various ways to help support Baby Ben, Jenny, Dave, and their families and friends during Ben's fight with cancer.

This blog seemed the best way for me to put all of my various efforts together in one place so that I could share them with others.

I will also try to update the blog with Bennet's condition and other news of his care and treatment as I hear it.

Feel free to post comments and make suggestions for other ways to raise money or generally help out. You can also get in touch with me at ridewithclyde2010@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance to everyone for their support. F*ck Cancer!

-Ben's Uncle Jake

Sunday, June 27, 2010

More News

I just got a text from Beth and wanted to pass on what she told me to everyone. Like I said before the cancer is a neuroblastoma. We won't know what stage it is until Monday or Tuesday. It looks like a stage 2 or stage 3. Obviously, we're all hoping for a stage 2. The doctor is very hopeful and says Ben has a great chance of survival. Because he is so young and under 18 months, his cells regenerate really quickly which will help him in fighting this. The doctor doesn't think any permanent nerve damage has been done yet so that's a good thing. They most likely are going to start chemo on Monday. This first round of chemo is apparently the most important because it gives us an idea of what the course of this cancer will be.

Now with all of that being said, the doctor also said that it will be a long hard fight. The doc also said not to kid ourselves that Benny won't be one sick little baby, but there is hope.

Beth also said Ben, Jenny, and Dave should be up in Portland for about 2 months for treatment.

That's what I've got for now. Please keep Ben, Jenny, and Dave in your thoughts and prayers.

F*ck Cancer! I Ride With Clyde!

-Uncle Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment