Our Mission

Ride With Clyde - Battling Cancer With Bennet Epperson

This is actually set up with the sole purpose of raising funds in various ways to help support Baby Ben, Jenny, Dave, and their families and friends during Ben's fight with cancer.

This blog seemed the best way for me to put all of my various efforts together in one place so that I could share them with others.

I will also try to update the blog with Bennet's condition and other news of his care and treatment as I hear it.

Feel free to post comments and make suggestions for other ways to raise money or generally help out. You can also get in touch with me at ridewithclyde2010@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance to everyone for their support. F*ck Cancer!

-Ben's Uncle Jake

Friday, June 25, 2010

Heading Into the Weekend

From what Collin has told me via Beth, who I could hear in the background, we may have gotten a bit of a reprieve for the weekend. They met with an oncologist who from Collin's description was cautiously optimistic. While she didn't want to give a definitive diagnosis without the pathology report, which is due Tuesday, she did give the group some hope from the sounds of it. From what I got from the confusing conversation with Collin since he was talking to me in the phone and Beth and Kiwi on his end, the oncologist thinks it may be one of three things, which are all treatable. Apparently one goes away on its own without needing treatment. Obviously we're rooting for that one. From the MRIs (I think), she seems to think that the cancer hasn't spread beyond the tumor on Ben's spine. As such, she has decided not to do a bone scan for now. If the pathology report warrants one, then it will be done then. I think that all I've got for now. Like I said, a much needed reprieve heading into the weekend.

F*ck cancer! I ride with Clyde!

-Uncle Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment