Our Mission

Ride With Clyde - Battling Cancer With Bennet Epperson

This is actually set up with the sole purpose of raising funds in various ways to help support Baby Ben, Jenny, Dave, and their families and friends during Ben's fight with cancer.

This blog seemed the best way for me to put all of my various efforts together in one place so that I could share them with others.

I will also try to update the blog with Bennet's condition and other news of his care and treatment as I hear it.

Feel free to post comments and make suggestions for other ways to raise money or generally help out. You can also get in touch with me at ridewithclyde2010@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance to everyone for their support. F*ck Cancer!

-Ben's Uncle Jake

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Transfusion

Well, Benny had his counts checked again today.  I think this was the fourth time in the last couple of weeks or so, but I'm not positive.  Earlier in the week his counts were low, but not low enough to necessitate a transfusion.  Today however, his platelets were low which means he had to have a platelet transfusion.  Kind of a bummer, but hopefully it will help him to feel/get better more quickly.  From what Beth has told me the gang (Bennet, Jenny, Dave, Beth, Collin, and their girls) will be headed back up to Doernbecher's in Portland next weekend.  Benny has some follow up appointments if I'm not mistaken and they'll be doing the next round of chemo there as well around the 13th.  Not sure what this round of chemo will entail, but I'll keep you posted when I hear.  That's it for now.

F*ck cancer, I ride with Clyde!

-Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment