Our Mission

Ride With Clyde - Battling Cancer With Bennet Epperson

This is actually set up with the sole purpose of raising funds in various ways to help support Baby Ben, Jenny, Dave, and their families and friends during Ben's fight with cancer.

This blog seemed the best way for me to put all of my various efforts together in one place so that I could share them with others.

I will also try to update the blog with Bennet's condition and other news of his care and treatment as I hear it.

Feel free to post comments and make suggestions for other ways to raise money or generally help out. You can also get in touch with me at ridewithclyde2010@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance to everyone for their support. F*ck Cancer!

-Ben's Uncle Jake

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Low Counts=No Chemo

Well a little bit of bummer news tonight.  Like the title kind of eludes to, Baby Ben had a low white cell count again today which meant no chemo.  From what Jenny said they'll wait until next week and check his counts again.  If they're back up, they'll start another round of chemo.  This means we just have to keep up the good thoughts for high counts so that they actually are up come this time next week.  Luckily, Benny is still his smiling, laughing, happy little self.  That's it for now on the Benny front.

But because, I am in charge of this blog, that's not all the asking for good thoughts I'm gonna do tonight.  I know this blog is about Bennet and his fight with cancer, but tonight, someone else very near and dear to our family needs some good thoughts.  I'm not going to name names because this person gets embarrassed and doesn't necessarily want the attention, but please send good thoughts for us up to Portland tonight and tomorrow.  One of the members of my family is having surgery tomorrow and while we know everything is going to turn out ok, we're all still a little on edge.  So good thoughts and prayers couldn't hurt and are definitely appreciated.

Thanks all!

F*ck cancer, I ride with Clyde!

-Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment