Our Mission

Ride With Clyde - Battling Cancer With Bennet Epperson

This is actually set up with the sole purpose of raising funds in various ways to help support Baby Ben, Jenny, Dave, and their families and friends during Ben's fight with cancer.

This blog seemed the best way for me to put all of my various efforts together in one place so that I could share them with others.

I will also try to update the blog with Bennet's condition and other news of his care and treatment as I hear it.

Feel free to post comments and make suggestions for other ways to raise money or generally help out. You can also get in touch with me at ridewithclyde2010@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance to everyone for their support. F*ck Cancer!

-Ben's Uncle Jake

Friday, August 27, 2010

For Benny

First off, our brave little Benny finished up round three of his chemo today.  That means one more round, then back to Portland for tests to check on what the tumor is doing.  From what Jenny told me, Benny slept a lot during treatment yesterday but was still his usual happy little self.  I haven't heard today how day three went.  I do have something else to share tonight though.  This one is another little personal effort on my part.

Before
The pile of hair
I met Bennet the day he was born.  I consider myself his uncle though I have no actual blood relation to him.  I'm lucky enough that Dave and Jenny also consider me his uncle.  When Ben was first diagnosed with cancer, I had been growing my hair out for just over a year.  By today it had been about a year and three months.  Before I continue I need to explain a couple of things that happened last night.  When I was getting ready for bed, I looked in the mirror.  What I saw reminded me a little of the look crazy Joaquin Phoenix has adopted.  I knew it was time for a change.  Jenny also happened to mention last night, that the nurse told her Benny's hair would probably fall out with this round of chemo.  So, tonight, I started to lose my hair too.  The pictures that follow here are a before, a couple piles of hair, and after.  The basketball is used as a reference for the pile of hair.  My hair is now an eighth inch long, and I plan to shave the rest bald when Ben loses the his hair.  I'm planning on keeping my head shaved until Benny's hair grows back as a statement of solidarity with the little trooper in his fight.  Here are the pictures:
I Ride With Clyde!
After
That's it from me.  Just thought I'd share.

As always, f*ck cancer, I ride with Clyde!

-Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment