Our Mission

Ride With Clyde - Battling Cancer With Bennet Epperson

This is actually set up with the sole purpose of raising funds in various ways to help support Baby Ben, Jenny, Dave, and their families and friends during Ben's fight with cancer.

This blog seemed the best way for me to put all of my various efforts together in one place so that I could share them with others.

I will also try to update the blog with Bennet's condition and other news of his care and treatment as I hear it.

Feel free to post comments and make suggestions for other ways to raise money or generally help out. You can also get in touch with me at ridewithclyde2010@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance to everyone for their support. F*ck Cancer!

-Ben's Uncle Jake

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Heading to Portland

Hey all.  I just wanted to let everybody know what's going on with Bennet this weekend.  I talked to Beth today and she said Jenny got a call from Doernbecher this morning.  They had an opening at 11:30 on Friday for Benny.  So, our little trooper and his parents will be heading up to Portland tomorrow afternoon.  I believe Ben has appointments both Friday and Monday so they will be staying the weekend in Portland.  I guess most of the results of the various tests the doctors will be doing won't be available until sometime Monday.  And for those that don't know, these two days of tests and results are to give us an idea of how the tumor/cancer has reacted to the chemo.  So we'll know where Benny is in his fight and the doctors will give Jenny and Dave an idea of what the next step(s) is(are).  So obviously, its that time again where Team Ben needs to send good thoughts and prayers north to Ben, Jenny, and Dave.  I shouldn't need to say this as you should all have still been doing this.  But just in case you forgot and needed a reminder, keep it up and spread the word.

As always, f*ck cancer, I ride with Clyde!

-Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment